New York to endeavor as the first state in the country to outlaw the declawing of cats as the state legislature has voted in favor of banning declawing of cats or onychectomy.
However, the ban will not apply in cases where it is an absolute necessity due to certain unavoidable reasons and where a “physical medical condition” that “compromises the cat`s health” is concerned, as stated by the bill`s text.
Also the procedure for “cosmetic or aesthetic reasons or reasons of convenience in keeping or handling the cat,” will be outlawed according to the bill passed by the legislature.
This will allow a fine of amount $1000 to be imposed on veterinarians who will violate this law and may also be applicable on the cat owners of New York State.
The legislation approached New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo`s (D) desk on Tuesday after passing the bill, for the approval.
Declawing was called “undesirable” by the legislation sponsor, New York Assemblymember Linda Rosenthal (D) in a statement about the measure to the New York Times.
She went on to say that the bill was passed to protect the cats from agony and that it was for those cat owners who “think that their furniture is more important than their cat.”
Rosenthal was seen to be in total favor of the bill as she said about declawing that “It’s irrelevant, it’s depressing, and it causes the cat problem” and that “It’s just brutal”.
- Why be a Victoria’s Secret Model When You Can be James Cameron? Nicole Russin-McFarland Eyes Her Dream Career
- The Top 5 Reasons Why Your Website Is Not Getting Traffic
- Top Responsive Websites Templates You Can Buy
- Which News Source Lean Left, Center, and Right According to The Doe?
- Tattoo Removal Service Options in New York
- INEXPENSIVE VAN ALARM STOPS 2 VAN TOOL ROBBERIES IN ONE WEEKEND!
- USA: Cannabis study reveals that deaths from opiate overdose decrease when cannabis is legal
- The companies building a stronger cannabis market
- Family Orbit Releases Family Phone Tracker App
- London Marketing Academy Launches New Courses in September 2019
- Legalization of marijuana supported by the majority of Londoners
- Want To Partake In Sports Related Discussions? – Here’s How To Do It!
- Canopy Growth excites the cannabis sector despite heavy losses
- Are you investing in cannabis? Here is why you should
- Summerton Offers Building Inspections Service in Adelaide SA for Property Buyers and Developers
Headlines11 months ago
Scott Disick Reacted to Sofia Richie’s Stunning Vacation Pictures
Business11 months ago
Blockchain In Voting and Business
Technology10 months ago
BHB Salts & Ketones Shown to Help Ketosis Process in Ketogenic Diet
Business9 months ago
London Marketing Academy Launches New Courses in September 2019
Headlines7 years ago
Space travel: possibly the next investment target for James Richman?
Headlines11 months ago
Toni Braxton Offers Fans a Glimpse into Her Nigeria Experience
Headlines10 months ago
Rudy Bundini, Former heavyweight boxing champion who turned into an iconic supermodel.
Headlines1 year ago
California Man Serving Life Sentence for Joyriding Gained Freedom