Do we realize that medical emergencies come unannounced and we should better be prepared for them? As a matter of fact, the kind of lifestyles we lead these days, having a medical emergency is not something uncommon. This is why you need to have the kind of funds for your treatment. What if you are not financially prepared by then? Well, to avoid any such circumstance, you must buy a health insurance policy. We can’t avoid a medical emergency completely but we can surely get a health insurance policy that can support us when we need it the most.
When it is about buying a health insurance policy, we need to choose the best one. However, since there are so many options available these days in the market, it is common for us to get confused. Well, the two top insurance companies that are known for offering the best health insurance policies are Niva Bupa and Start Health Insurance. here is a comparison of Niva Bupa vs Star health insurance so that you can choose the one that is suitable for you.
Star Health Insurance
The inception of Star Health Insurance dates back to 2006. The total number of policies offered by the company is 11 and provide coverage to individuals, family, senior citizens, cardiac care, diabetes, COVID-19 plans, and many more.
The individual as well as family floater plans offered by Star Health Insurance come with several features. Some of them include:
- The plans are available for policy buyers between the age range of 18 years and 65 years
- Protects an individual, his/her spouse, and three children who are dependent on him/her. The children can be between the age range of 3 months and 25 years
- Provide coverage for expenses such as pre-and post-hospitalization, organ donation, delivery, and newborn, health check-ups, AYUSH treatment, etc.
- Cover accidental and permanent complete disablement
- Come with benefits such as a second medical opinion and air ambulance
- Provide 100% automatic renewal of the sum insured. However, this may change as per terms and conditions.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company
Niva Bupa was earlier known as Max Bupa. The company was founded in the year 2008. It is one of the most reputed companies in the insurance industry. The company boasts some of the particular health insurance policies such as individual, family, critical care, wellness, COVID-19 plans, and many more. You can buy a Niva Bupa health insurance plan to keep your and your family’s financial future safe. The highlights of the plans include:
- The health insurance plans come with a wide category of policies such as GOACTIVE, HEALTH COMPANION, HEALTH PREMIA, and many more. The coverages vary.
- The plans include basic expenses such as pre-and post-hospitalization, maternity and newborn care in-patient care, alternate treatment, emergency ambulance, health check-ups, day-care procedures, etc.
- In the superior plans, higher benefits are covered such as a daily health coach, OPD consultation, home healthcare services, second opinion, international coverage, mental health treatment, and many more.
- The plans provide automatic policy renewal. Some of the plans also come with a co-payment feature
- Policyholders can even get customized plans for families that are large in size.
Now that you know the highlights of the majority of the plans offered by these two health insurance companies, it will be easier for you to decide which one to take. To find out more information about the insurance policies from these two insurance companies, you can take a look at the website of IIFL. As a matter of fact, apart from these two, you can come across several other health insurance companies and their policies too.