Kuala Lumpur, officially known as the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and also known as KL, is the state and capital of Malaysia. Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur not only have some of the best tourist destinations in the world but also have some of the best international schools and private schools, including the best private secondary school in KL, which are worth trying.
The rise of international schools in Malaysia and worldwide!
As we all know, there has been a huge shift in the form, type and standard of education during the last decade or in the past 7-8 years. Education has become now more luxurious and creative oriented which focuses not only on academics but also extra-curricular activities, which form the base for a student’s development.
And currently, there are more than 7000 international schools worldwide that cater to the needs of nearly 3.5 million students, thus giving them a promising future. There is a rapid growth of international schools here in Malaysia as well.
This increase in international schools in Malaysia has been influenced by many factors. This includes Government efforts and local development which have also led to the establishment of new educational institutions in the country.
There are more than 160 international schools throughout Malaysia and the number is expected to grow even more in the next few years. Parents who are considering enrolling their children in the best international school in Malaysia for the 2020 school year have more options than ever before.
Why do parents opt for international schools in Malaysia?
Parents will always want to give their children the best education possible. In this regard, most parents believe that the international school provides a more sophisticated and challenging level of education compared to the standards set by most public schools. International schools have long been known for providing a high standard of education for their students. These levels are influenced by factors such as teacher qualifications, class size, school location, types of subjects and more.
- International schools maintain their quality and standards by hiring only highly qualified teachers who work in a designated field of study only.
- This is done to ensure that they can teach their students the full story without being pressured by others.
- Also, the size of classrooms in international schools is kept small so that each student gets enough attention from his or her teachers.
- Not only that, international schools use English extensively as their main language and as a teaching method.
- A recognized academic accreditation makes it easier for students to pursue their higher education.
- In fact, accreditation from a reputable institution (along with good marks and good manners, of course) would give them a lucrative opportunity to enter university.
What co-curricular activities do private secondary schools in Kuala Lumpur focus on?
Performing Arts –
- Drama and Theatre
- Table tennis
- Field events
Which skills are developed through co-curricular activities in private secondary schools in KL?
As already known, programs outside of the education curriculum allows students to participate in planned activities in order to build individual and group skills. And these activities enable students to become more secretive, develop constructive leadership skills and become socially confident among their school-age groups.
While at the same time, students also learn and acquire certain skills that are given to them through various tasks, and they also learn to be responsible for their actions towards one another. Key goals achieved in these activities are:
- Building healthy habits,
- Developing good behaviour,
- Patience and leadership, and
- Learning how to respect and inform each other with responsibility, cooperation, adherence to rules and procedures.
Why choose private secondary schools in Kuala Lumpur?
- One of the most important reasons is that all private schools need to obtain the approval of the Department of Education, through the Private Education Division before they can be allowed to work and employ students, thus guaranteeing that it is government authorized.
- Secondly, there are many types of private schools in Malaysia that offer full-time accommodation as well thus students don’t have to travel to and fro and waste their time.
- And last but not least, private schools have long study hours and small classes; and much attention is paid to students.
- It also offers comprehensive resources, extensive use of ICT for students, regular reports of parents by school principals and teachers, and a strong emphasis on the English language, although these schools follow the same national curriculum (KBSR).
A private secondary school in KL will open doors to great possibilities for our young generation. Therefore, we can take that extra step to find the right kind of school for our children where they can thrive and succeed as global citizens.